Janie's Journal

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Prayer request answered!

Heather and Luke are going home!!!!! As most of you know, my sister heather and her husband Shane have been in the process of adopting a little boy named Lucas from Guatemala. She went down at the end of April to take care of him and be with him. I was down for a month to visit her. They were supposed to be home in June but it kept being pushed back. But they found out yesterday that they exited PGN!!! That means they will back in the KC area in 2-3 weeks!!! Isn't that the most exciting thing you have ever heard in your life???!! I just had to share it with everyone- if you want more details you can visit Luke's blog at www.lucasmecham.blogspot.com- you can also see pictures of the most adorable little boy and the most beautiful sister ever! (Really, I am not biased!)
Love,
janie

4 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Janie that is so exciting! I am so happy for you and your family. I hope everything is going well in Peru. I also hope that you feel better. Adoption is so exciting!

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be reading every chance I get. Enjoy this experience. Most of us will never get the opportunity. About teaching English, I have done this a bit, think in terms of how children learn to talk. Nouns first, then nouns plus verbs, add adjectives, etc. Also greetings and social courtesies such as please and thank you. Also the basic concepts are early, colors, days of week (you can make calendars in craft class!!!), numbers, letters, opposites, etc. You will be surprised how fast they will get it. Take care of yourself and post pictures whenever you can. WE miss you at Curves a whole lot!!! Liane

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! It's official :) I'm so happy for you guys and your sister! How exciting for her to be able to go home so soon! Your parents must be thrilled! Love ya!
-Stephanie

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No kidding! I'm rejoicing up here in the Pacific Northwest!

(Ann)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Website Counters