Janie's Journal

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pictures are coming!!! Okay- so i have not been able to download pictures from my camera- so I asked my friend katie, who has the same camera what I should do. She said I should get a card reader to download directly from the memory card. I've asked my mom to buy one and send it down with David Miller when he comes next week- so hopefully by tuesday night there will be pictures!!! :) I have taken some really cute ones- especially of the little ones I watch every day. You may remember, but everyday from 3:30-5:00 I watch 6-9 kids who are under the age of 4. The exception is a little boy named Junior. He is 6 years old but has a lot of problems. I am not sure what exactly the name of it is, but he has trouble using his hands- he can't grip things or wrap his hands around things the correct way. If his troubles ended there it would not be difficult to work with him- but his troubles are much more emotional and mental. I am not sure what his past life held but he acts out in really scary ways. My first week watching him, I was slapped in the face, bit on the arm, kicked, hit in the head, and many other things. I think he must have been sexually abused in the past because he also acts out in other types of ways. He tries to force the other little boys to kiss him and he touches me and the other kids very inappropriatley. The first week I think I cried because and for him more than anyone or anything else. You can tell he doesn't know why it is bad to do the things he does. He doesn't understand when I say no to him trying to kiss me- he thinks he is just showing love. It is the only way he knows how. His older brother, Josue also lives here- he handles whatever happened in the past in a different way- He is very serious and quiet- Sometimes he seems almost sullen. Please pray for Junior and Josue that they may find comfort and that they may heal from past wounds.
Another little boy that I have everyday is named Jose David- He is only 14 1/2 months old. He is very cute and likes to cuddle. He has a cleft palate, but I think it just makes him cuter! :) He was abandoned last year, so he is adoptable. His motor skills and speech are delayed- he doesn't walk or stand up on his own. He makes basic sounds like 'dadada' and yells alot. :) He reminds me of Lucas when luke was 5 months old- so that shows you how delayed he is. But he is a sweetie! He is very good at throwing things- which the other children don't appreciate, but I like! :)
My other boys are Abel, Jesus, Yen, and Edwin. Sometimes I have 2 girls- Bridgitte and Patricia- I will tell you about each one of them because they each have such personalities!! But I will save them for a later post!
Please continue to pray for all of the children- I love them more each day. I have never been hugged and kissed so much!!! Also, being here is really good for my ego- everywhere I go I hear Tia, tu es bonita! (Aunt, you are beautiful!) and, someone taught them how to say "you are pretty" so I hear that alot too- they are just the sweetest!!! So if anyone needs a confidence boost, just head on down!
I will write more later-
I love you all-
janie

2 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will go on a search for the camera card thingie. I love reading your blog, it feels like I am with you! Take care, I send you hugs and kisses. Love, Mom

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janie,
Tu es bonita!!
Love, Aunt Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Website Counters