Janie's Journal

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures!

So thanks to my genius friend Katie and my wonderful Mom, we now have pictures!!! I posted several but have about a hundred more, so i will try to space them out. But expect lots more!! :)
The last few days have been busy as usual but are always wonderful. Yesterday, though, I read all of the bios on the kids and that was kind of hard on me- to hear all of their backgrounds and what they went through made me a little sick to my stomach. . . It really helped me to understand why they are the way they are. It makes me want to turn back time or erase their memories or something... but since I can't, I will just love them more and pray for them more often- I hope you will to!
Tim Brooks is the man adopting the 3 girls here- His brother-in-law John is here visiting along with his son. John's wife is an elementary school teacher in the US. She had her class draw pictures for all of the kids here and she also sent down a huge box of art supplies. There is everything you can think of; paint, markers, chalk, colored pencils, oil crayons, and more. So today we had most of the kids into the dining hall and had them draw pictures for the kids in her class. It was wonderful!! They all loved the pictures from her students and had so much fun drawing pictures for them! alot of the kids here are very talented. Abraham, who is in a picture below shining shoes, especially impressed me. He is the newest addition to the Albergue- he just arrived 2 weeks ago. His step-father is a drunk and his uncle, who his family lived with is a thief and abused him. He had never been to school and was very quiet and shy when he got here. It took him about a week to open up, but now he is the first one to run and give me a hug and the first one to offer to help in any situation. It is wonderful to be here to see hearts and lives change- I think my heart and life are changing right along with them!!
I love you all
janie

5 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm so glad to finally have photos to go with all the names.

All the children are beautiful. Thank goodness they have such a loving caretaker now!

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is great to have the pictures. They make us feel so close to you and the children. You are a blessing to the children and bringing light to their world. Love, Aunt Kathy

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Heather and Kathy. Can people send boxes of supplies to you? Love, Mom

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so good to see your smiling face. It sounds like you are doing great things there and making little people enormously happy.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger The Butler Family said...

Thanks for the genius comment, I do what I can. ;-) haha. Anyways, I am so glad to see pictures! Yey! They are wonderful! I love you so much!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Website Counters