Janie's Journal

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8

Saturday, November 25, 2006

November birthdays!

On friday night we celebrated the kids with November birthdays. Aracely turned 6 at the beginning of the month, Yumelit turned 12 on the 21st and on the 20th Brayan turned 5 years old. These monthly outings are made possible by my family and friends and also by Nelsonville Baptist Church! Thank you!! The kids had a wonderful time. . .
First we went to the beach to run from the waves and play on the playground-
from the left- Aracely, Yumelit, Brayan, and Emily.
Brayan and Aracely swam with the dolphins. . . well, sort of!

After the beach we got ice cream and cotton candy and walked around the center of Trujillo. The kids thought that cotton candy was amazing but couldn't really understand how it worked. After we walked around we went to the movie theater. I love taking the kids to the movie theater because most of them have never been before. They always think that the seats are broken because they flip up and this time they discovered something else new- the hand dryer in the bath room! They freaked out when I turned it on but after they wanted to wash their hands again just so they could use the hand-dryer! :)


After the movie we went to Roky's for dinner- it is a restaurant with a play center and really good food! There happened to be a face painter there so of course all of them needed to do that! :) We have Yumelit the fairy, Aracely the butterfly and Brayan who is now only known as Batman!
It was a wonderful night and I don't think any of us wanted it to end- it is wonderful to watch the kids experience new things and for them to be made to feel special- I love the fact that right now, I get to be the one to do it!! That is such a blessing!

3 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janie! I love all the pictures you post, and hearing about what's happening. I've got a few more weeks left of classes that will be hard, and then my LAST CHRISTMAS BREAK! My dad's gonna have another surgery on his leg, but mainly they'll be taking the metal plates out, now that everything's healed. I asked if he'd ask if I could observe in the surgery!

I can't wait to hear all about this in person! Love ya!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Looks like a few fabulous birthdays as always! I can't wait to see my gorgeous sister in person.

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janie, you are the Masterpiece in God's Master Plan. We are still doing the countdown to Janie's Back Day! Love, Nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Website Counters